Why are we transitioning from FedEx to UPS?
Great question! We’re so glad you asked! UPS is Customer First, People Led, and Innovation Driven, which has catapulted it to the position of best ground shipper in the industry. Several noteworthy things drove our decision to make this transition at this time:
- UPS has the highest on-time delivery success rate in the industry, which means you (and your customers will get wine on time)
- UPS moves 75% of all wine shipments to consumers so it understands the regulatory side of our business
- UPS drivers have dedicated routes, which means you know your driver
- UPS MyChoice (their consumer-facing delivery management platform) puts shipment controls and notifications back into the hands of the recipient (not the shipper)
- UPS has a carbon-neutral shipping option which drives our sustainability objectives through carbon emissions reductions of 85%
When will this transition occur?
We will go live with UPS on June 14. On June 15, we will be sending emails to all customers (including Scout Circle and Autosip™ members), who currently ship to FedEx Hold-At Locations. The email will include an alternate UPS Location and instructions on how to make this change by August 1st.
What options do I have when shipping orders?
UPS offers ground, priority and express shipping options, just like FedEx. You may still ship orders directly to your doorstep, but an adult signature of someone over the age of 21 is still required. Alternatively, you may ship your orders to UPS Hold-At Locations if you are concerned about missing your delivery or want the convenience of picking up your order when your schedule allows.
Does UPS have Hold-At Locations similar to FedEx?
Yes! In fact, UPS has 10,628 Hold-At Locations (“HAL”) that are licensed to accept alcohol (wine). These HALs offer the following benefits:
- Convenience – 87% of order addresses are within an 8 minute drive to a HAL
- Flexibility – HALs are open on weekends with extended hours, and some are open 24 hours
How do I update my ship-to address?
If you currently have a FedEx Hold-At Location address in your address book, we have already added a nearby UPS Hold at Location for you! All you need to do is select the UPS Hold at Location the next time you check out.
Does UPS have a platform similar to FedEx Delivery Manager where I can track my orders?
Yes! In fact UPS My Choice is the industry leader when it comes to providing consumers a tool to manage all their inbound shipments, all from the convenience of a dashboard. Depending on whether you subscribe to their free Basic Service or their Paid Premium Service ($19.99/year), from this dashboard, you can:
- View all details for your inbound shipments
- Get delivery updates via text and email
- View the estimated time for delivery
- Tell the driver where to leave your package
- Change the delivery date or location
- Follow shipments as they move toward their destinations
To sign up for UPS My Choice, click this link:
With UPS, My Choice, can I change my delivery location on the day of the delivery?
Yes! This feature is unprecedented and sets UPS apart, driving the highest percentage of first-time delivery success rates in the industry.
How do I track my order with My Choice?
To signup for a UPS My Choice account, go to:
Click “Sign up” to create an account (or login if you already have one). Fill in the required information to create an account and and click “Next”. Acknowledge the Terms & Conditions, and click “Next” again. Then click “Continue”. On the next screen, you see a field for Tracking Numbers. Enter your Tracking Number and click “Track”.
Do we expect a decline in damaged packages as a result of this change?
Yes! UPS has adopted numerous strategies to drive damaged packages down significantly in comparison to the industry. As a result, we expect our Independent Consultants and customers to experience a positive impact to the condition in which their packages are delivered.
You mentioned a carbon-neutral shipping option. Is Scout & Cellar committed to using this shipping option, and if so, what kinds of projects is UPS supporting to offset the emissions of its shipments?
Yes! Scout & Cellar is a socially responsible winery that takes sustainability seriously. As a result, we are committed to using the UPS carbon-neutral shipping option to offset the emissions of our shipments. UPS supports a variety of projects to achieve carbon-neutral, including reforestation, landfill gas destruction, wastewater treatment and methane destruction.