Veneto IGT, Italy
Earthy and crisp with notes of ripe pear, yellow apple and mushroom with great acidity.
Typically, Italian white wines are produced from grapes native to this historic winemaking country. However, there are some incredible Chardonnays that are made across Italy - including from the Veneto! This area surrounding Verona has gorgeous hillsides for growing grapes of richness and balance. This release is fruit-driven with freshly picked pear and apple, a bit of earthiness on the finish that is bright and vibrant.
Pairs well with mushroom pasta, poultry and Italian cheeses.
Residual Sugar: 1.23 g/L
- Che Fico. You say it, “KAY-fee-koh,” and it’s Italian for “How Cool!”
- It’s the perfect phrase for those incredible, awe-struck moments that leave you searching for the words to describe how you’re feeling
- We live for those moments, the moments that make you step back and think to yourself “Che Fico. How cool”
HOW ITS MADE
- The grapes for this wine were soft-pressed before fermenting in stainless-steel vats for 12 days.
- It then aged for 7 months in stainless-steel tanks before bottling.
DID YOU KNOW?
There are more than 2,000 native grapes to Italy. So when a grower decides to plant Chardonnay, you know it's going to be quite special and delicious. This wine is produced in partnership with a small, family-run winery that has been growing grapes in the Veneto region since 1891!