$30 | Dunnigan Hills, California
Residual Sugar: .43 g/L
Fruity and crisp with notes of Asian pear, papaya, white peach, and honeysuckle.
If you love Sauvignon Blanc and are looking for an exciting new alternative that is more tropical and less citrus, Vermentino is for you! This ripe bottling is fruit-forward and has all the flavors of a fresh fruit salad like pear, peach, and papaya, with a beautiful floral nose. Just one sip and you’ll be in vacation mode!
Pairs well with chicken or fish tacos, Italian cheese plates, and vegetable salads.
- The presence of a bird’s nest in a vineyard is evidence of health, growth, and a flourishing ecosystem
- Nests also represent a place of warmth, love, first flights, and family
- Nest celebrates the comfort of home, the power of growth, and the splendor of nature’s little miracles
HOW IT’S MADE
- The grapes for this wine were harvested from vines planted in California in 1995
- They were then fermented in stainless-steel tanks for 21-28 days
- The wine was aged on its lees in stainless-steel tanks for 6-7 months and then bottled, unfined and lightly filtered
DID YOU KNOW? Vermentino, pronounced “Vur-men-teeno", is also known as Rolle in France. The origins of this grape also include the islands of Sardinia off the coast of Italy and Corsica off the coast of France. The name means "little fermenting grape" in Italian!