$24 | Weinviertel, Austria
100% Grüner Veltiner
Earthy and crisp with notes of lemon curd, peach, mango, and white pepper with a complex texture and acidity.
Grüner is groovy! This fun alternative to dry styles of Riesling and Pinot Grigio is as crisp as crisp can be. Typically, this wine is all the rage with sommeliers because it pairs with so many foods, has high acidity which makes it perfect for cheeses and first courses, and the kiss of white pepper leaves it quite dry!
Pairs well with oysters on the half shell, seafood pasta, and soft cheese plates.
Residual Sugar: 1.5g/L
- The Resident is our jovial jetsetter, living like a local wherever he goes, constantly in pursuit of the world’s most vivacious varietals
- Join him on his journey with one of many incredible wines from around the world
HOW IT’S MADE
- The grapes for this wine were hand-harvested from 30–40-year-old vines in Weinviertel, Austria
- After harvest, grapes went through 10 hours of skin maceration before pressing
- The wine was then fermented for 15 days in stainless-steel tanks
- Wine was aged for 3 months in stainless-steel tanks before bottling, unfined and lightly filtered.
DID YOU KNOW? Grüner Veltliner, pronounced “grew-ner velt-LEE-ner", is the national grape of Austria! It is rarely grown in other parts of the world as the particular soils and climate of Austria, in addition to the influence of the many rivers there, create the perfect environment for growing this grape. Talk about terroir!