$30 | North Coast, CA
Residual Sugar: 0.53 g/L
Earthy and creamy with notes of pear, yellow apple, candied lemon, and brioche.
Creamy, buttery, toasty––sounds like all the makings of a classic California Chardonnay! This new release from Nest is perfect for Chardonnay fans that love the texture and flavors of classic Chardonnay. Leading with yellow apple and freshly chopped pear, the more you swirl, the more those notes of freshly baked brioche waft from the glass. As you sip, Irish butter and tart lemon candies prepare your palate for a smooth and silky finish. This is a beautiful, earthy, approachable wine now, and will age for another 3-5 years!
Pairs well with lobster, creamy pastas, and movie night.
- A bird’s nest’s presence in a vineyard is evidence of health, growth, and a flourishing ecosystem
- Nests also represent a place of warmth, love, first flights, and family
- Nest celebrates the comfort of home, the power of growth, and the splendor of nature’s little miracles
HOW ITS MADE
- The grapes for this Chardonnay were harvested from vines planted in North Coast, California
- After harvest, grapes were barrel-fermented in neutral French oak barrels with full malolactic fermentation occurring after 20 days
- The majority of the wine was aged further in neutral barrels for 5 months, while a smaller proportion of the wine was aged in stainless steel before bottling
DID YOU KNOW?
Chardonnay grapes were named after a village in the southern part of Burgundy, France called...Chardonnay! You see this a lot in grape names, where the grape was just the local varietal, and when it was taken to other villages, it would be "the grape from that place". Chardonnay is now one of the world's most popular grapes, especially in Burgundy!